Deadline: 27 October 2017
The Global Equality Fund (GEF), managed by the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) have announced a Request for Statements of Interest (SOIs) from civil society to promote and protect the human rights of LGBTI persons. LGBTI persons face violence and discrimination in all regions. Violence targeting any vulnerable group undermines collective security.
This request is seeking creative and new ideas to address violence and discrimination targeting LGBTI persons, which undermine society’s collective security, and programs that provide LGBTI communities with the tools to prevent, mitigate and recover from violence.
The Global Equality Fund invites organizations to submit SOIs outlining program concepts and organizational capacity to manage programs that will protect and advance the human rights of LGBTI persons.
Programs supported by the GEF are part of DRL’s overall marginalized populations program, which aims to support the human rights of persons with disabilities, racial and ethnic minorities, women and girls, LGBTI persons and other marginalized groups.
- Freedom from Violence
- Access to Justice
- Social Inclusion
- Empowered & Inclusive Movements& Organizations
To support direct and indirect costs required for implementation, DRL anticipates making award amounts of $250,000 – $500,000.
Organizations submitting SOIs must meet the following criteria:
- Be a U.S.-based or foreign-based non-profit organization/non-governmental organization (NGO), or a public international organization;
- Be a private, public, or state institution of higher education;
- Be a for-profit organization or business, although there are restrictions on payment of fees and/or profits under grants and cooperative agreements, including those outlined in 48 CFR 30 (“Cost Accounting Standards Administration”), 48 CFR 31 (“Contract Cost Principles and Procedures”);
- Have existing, or the capacity to develop, active partnerships with thematic or in-country partners, entities, and relevant stakeholders including private sector partner and NGOs;
- Have demonstrable experience administering successful and preferably similar programs. DRL reserves the right to request additional background information on organizations that do not have previous experience administering federal awards. These applicants may be subject to limited funding on a pilot basis.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.