The Democracy Commission Small Grants Program is designed to support initiatives that contribute to open and competitive political systems and to the protection of human rights. For this NOFO, the Embassy is seeking project proposals that support tolerance, diversity and, inclusion within Montenegrin society.
Project proposals should address one of the priority areas stated below:
- Protection of human rights and promotion of tolerance, especially among youth
- Ethnic minority, LGBTQ, and gender equality
- Women’s empowerment in the political and economic sphere
- Award floor: $10,000
- Award ceiling: $30,000
- Length of performance period: 12 months
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Montenegrin not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks, civil society/non-governmental organizations, educational organizations and other organizations that have displayed trustworthiness
- American and third-country organizations and individuals are not eligible for grants under this program.
- Applicants are only allowed to submit one proposal per organization. If more than one proposal is submitted from an organization, all proposals from that institution will be considered ineligible for funding.
For more information, visit https://me.usembassy.gov/2021-democracy-commission-small-grants-program/