Deadline: 31 July 2019
PAS invites proposals from individuals, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, and academic institutions for projects that strengthen the bilateral ties between the United States and the United Kingdom. All programs must include an American cultural element or connection with U.S. experts, organizations, or institutions in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas
- Security and Defense: activities that promote transatlantic security; combat transnational, regional, and global challenges, including cybersecurity, terrorism, and violent extremism; and encourage resistance to malign influence and disinformation.
- Prosperity, Trade, and Investment: activities that support the expansion of U.S. exports and investments, improve the connections between U.S. and UK businesses, and/or expand economic opportunities for women, youth, and underserved populations.
- Technology and Innovation: activities that support cooperation in such areas as space exploration, agricultural technology, cybersecurity, and entrepreneurship.
- Shared Values and Interests: activities that promote the U.S.-UK Special Relationship and build people-to-people ties.
- Student Mobility: activities that promote exchanges and training opportunities for U.S. and UK higher education and vocational students.
Awards may range from a minimum of $3,000 to a maximum of $15,000.
Participants and Audiences
PAS requests that all applicants for awards stipulate who their target audience is (age/gender/geographic breakdown) and estimate the expected audience reach through direct contact and, if possible, through indirect contact (via social media or traditional media).
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from United States and the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland):
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience;
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions; and
- Governmental institutions.
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://uk.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/london/ukpa/grants-programs/