Deadline: 24 May 2019
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy has announced an open competition for individuals, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, public educational institutions, and public international organizations in Ethiopia and in the United States to submit proposals that fall into one of the thematic areas specified below.
The APS is intended to inform individuals, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, and academic institutions about opportunities from the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy to support projects in the following thematic areas:
- Efforts to support Ethiopia’s economic and political reforms, including support for elections, civil society, democracy and governance, and entrepreneurship.
- Strengthening independent media through media literacy, training and other engagement.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM).
- Engaging emerging and under-represented populations, including youth, women and persons with disabilities through education, art, sports, culture and other creative programs.
- Promoting tolerance and peace through dialogue.
- Promoting economic growth, especially via entrepreneurship.
- Promoting sustainable policies to protect the environment .
Proposals must incorporate a detailed narrative that outlines how it fulfills a broad U.S. Embassy priority:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Strengthen Democratic Institutions and Expand Human Rights: improve internal stability and strengthen rule of law through active engagement with stakeholders; improve learning outcomes by increasing achievement in education; and improve workforce skills development.
- Spur Broad-based Economic Growth and Promote Development: strengthen role of women and youth in economic activity; improve trade and investment climate; increase development and growth of the domestic private sector; and increase livelihood transition opportunities.
- Advance Regional Peace and Security: promote regional peace and security.
- Floor of Individual Award Amounts: $10,000
- Ceiling of Individual Award Amounts: $25,000
- Project and Budget Periods: Projects must be completed in one year or less.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Applications are welcome from all sectors: individuals, non-governmental organizations, think tanks, public educational institutions, and public international organizations in Ethiopia and in the United States.
- Applicants are encouraged to provide cost-sharing from additional sources; applications should explain clearly other likely sources of funding or in-kind participation.
- Please note that the Embassy is unable to give grants or cooperative agreements to for-profit entities.
How to Apply
Proposals should be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, visit this link.