Deadline: 17 May 2019
The U.S. Embassy Kigali Public Affairs Section (PAS Kigali) has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications or proposals for a grant to carry out a program that meets the specifications stated here below for the program “Academy of Women Entrepreneurs-Rwanda”.
The Academy of Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) is a program supporting the development of women entrepreneurs around the world. AWE’s reach extends across Latin America, the Caribbean, Africa, and other regions where promoting women’s economic empowerment is a principal U.S policy priority.
AWE was developed to support White House led Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP), which is designed to empower women worldwide to fulfill their economic potential, creating conditions for increased stability, security, and prosperity for all. AWE provides educational resources for women to engage in U.S-style education with guided facilitation and localization from local alumni, women business leaders, and key interlocutors to ensure small business growth and success.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The goals of this funding opportunity are to:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- To raise business and entrepreneurial skills in women using the AWE platform and Massive Open Online Course called “DreamBuilders.”
- Strengthen people-to-people ties between the United States and Rwanda through exchange of information, experiences, and expertise.
Program Objective: To promote women’s empowerment by organizing, facilitating and implementing the “Academy of Women Entrepreneurs, AWE-Rwanda”.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Length of performance period: June 2019 through June 2020.
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $18,000 to a maximum of $24,000
- Total available funding: $24,000
- Anticipated program start date: July 2019
Participants and Audiences
- PAS Kigali seeks proposals for a project entitled “Academy of Women Entrepreneurs Rwanda.” Under this project, the grantee will collaborate with PAS Kigali to host 21 sessions with 30 aspiring women entrepreneurs between the ages of 20-35 who have little or no experience in entrepreneurship. The workshops/sessions will be conducted by expert facilitator(s) and will employ the DreamBuilders online entrepreneurial skill building course, which was designed specifically for women.
- The grantee will have to develop a program that the Academy of Women Entrepreneurs, AWE-Rwanda course using the DreamBuilders program for the Rwanda context.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public and private educational institutions
- Eligibility is open to all non-profit, non-governmental organizations and individuals. Organizations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, non-governmental entity can be the primary recipient of the award. When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
- Cost sharing or matching is not required for this funding opportunity.
- Pre-award costs are an allowable expense for this funding opportunity.
- This award does not allow for construction activities or costs.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://rw.usembassy.gov/notice-of-funding-opportunities-academy-of-women-entrepreneurs-rwanda/