Deadline: 15 August 2020
The PAS grants program supports projects proposed by U.S. and Cameroonian academic, cultural, educational, and other non-profit organizations and/or individuals that promote U.S. values, increase understanding between U.S. and Cameroonian people and institutions, and/or support U.S. Embassy goals of promoting good governance and transparency, economic prosperity, and peace and security. All programs must include an element of American culture or society, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Examples of PAS Small Grants Program programs include, but are not limited:
- U.S. experts conducting lectures, seminars, or speaking tours with Cameroonian audiences
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances, and exhibitions
- Cultural heritage conservation and preservation programs
- Professional and academic exchanges and programs
- Libraries, community centers, or other institutions that are interested in becoming an American Space
- Programs developed by an alumnus/a of a U.S. sponsored or supported educational or professional exchange program
- Projects to promote English language teaching skills or widen access to books and other sources of information about the United States
Priority Program Areas
- Governance: Projects promoting democratic principles, improved and inclusive governance, transparency, human rights, empowerment of marginalized groups, voter participation, civic education, and civil society.
- Prosperity: Projects promoting economic prosperity, entrepreneurship, bilateral trade and investment, countering corruption.
- Security: Projects promoting peace and security, rule of law, human rights, alternatives to violence in resolving conflict, tolerance, preventing radicalization to violence, improving mutual understanding between groups, community policing.
- Journalism: Projects promoting a professional and independent media, role of informed citizens in a democracy, media literacy, ethical journalism.
- Award amounts: Awards may range from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $25,000
- Total available funding: $100,000
- Length of performance period: 1 to 24 months
Program Performance Period
Proposed programs should be completed in 2 years or less.
Participants and Audiences
All projects should focus on engaging Cameroonians in Cameroon. Priority audience and program participants are:
- Youth, especially emerging leaders
- Civil society
- Opinion leaders, including cultural, academic, and media figures
- Residents of Cameroon outside Yaounde
PAS encourages applications from the United States and Cameroon:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks, community associations, and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience
- Non-profit media organizations
- Professional trade organizations
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=322074