The U.S. Embassy Nouakchott Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State announces a Request for Statements of Interest (RSOI) from organizations interested in applying for funding for program proposals that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Mauritania through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation.
All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas
- Strengthened Security for Americans and Mauritanians
- Crime and safety awareness;
- Countering Violent Extremism.
- Increased Opportunity and Reduced Poverty
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM);
- Environmental protection.
- Promoting an Inclusive Society
- Promoting social inclusion;
- Reducing discrimination in all its forms;
- Advocacy for inclusive national identity;
- Cross-Cultural dialogue and understanding;
- Human rights;
- Cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Length of performance period: 1 to 12 months;
- Number of awards anticipated: 4-8 awards (dependent on amounts);
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $15,000;
- Total estimated available funding: $80,000.
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Mauritania, including:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://mr.usembassy.gov/funding-opportunity/