Deadline: 28 June 2016
The U.S. Consulate General, Public Affairs Section in Chennai is seeking applications from organisations for a programme entitled “U.S.-South India Renewable Energy Innovation Challenge” that seeks to raise awareness of and increase interest in opportunities for innovation in the renewable energy field among young South Indian entrepreneurs and innovators.
The proposed project will bring together young South Indian entrepreneurs, U.S. renewable energy innovators and South Indian renewable energy experts, business leaders, and investors.
Funding Information: Any grant requested under this call must fall between $45,000.00 to $56,000.00.
- Eligibility is open to all non-profit, non-governmental organizations. Individuals are not eligible for an award.
- Organizations may sub-contract with other entities, but only one, non-profit, non-governmental entity can be the prime recipient of the award. When sub-contracting with other entities, the responsibilities of each entity must be clearly defined in the proposal.
- U.S. Consulate General, Chennai grants/cooperative agreements cannot be used to fund religious or partisan political activity; fundraising campaigns; commercial projects; scientific research; projects whose primary aim is the institutional development of the organization, or illegal activities.
- For Indian applicants, the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) of the Government of India applies.
- Applicants must acquire all required registrations and rights in the United States and India.
- All intellectual property considerations and rights must be fully met in the United States and India.
- Any sub-recipient organization must also meet all the U.S. and Indian requirements described above.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Countries: India & United States
For more information, please visit U.S.-South India Renewable Energy Innovation Challenge.