Deadline: 10 June 2016
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad is seeking proposals from eligible organisations to support activities focused on providing media training and professional development to professionals in the media field.
It aims to support the Department of State’s initiatives to promote and strengthen the field of journalism and the accuracy of reporting in Pakistan
- Strengthen People-to-People ties between the United States and Pakistan to increase professional and personal interaction between American media experts and local trainers with Pakistani journalists.
- Expand Media Engagement by providing training to journalists in new or traditional forms of media that also support professional standards in journalism; increasing participants’ knowledge and skills in producing and reporting quality news stories, exposing them to high professional standards, and empowering them to communicate news more effectively to the Pakistani public.
Priority Program Areas
- Social media training and digital security
- Working with police and government
- Resilience in harsh reporting conditions
- Covering the 2016 U.S. presidential election
Funding Information: The total available funding is $200,000.
- Submissions are encouraged from U.S. and Pakistani registered not-for-profit, for-profit, civil society/non-governmental organizations, and educational institutions with media expertise and experience creating messaging campaigns.
- This experience should be documented in the organization’s proposal.
- A copy of the organization’s registration should be provided with the proposal application. U.S.-based organizations should submit a copy of their IRS determination letter.
- Pakistan-based organizations should submit a copy of their certificate of registration from the appropriate government organization.
- Applicants are only allowed to submit one proposal per organization. If more than one proposal is submitted from an organization, all proposals from that institution will be considered ineligible for funding.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Countries: Pakistan and United States
For more information, please visit Media Training and Professional Journalism Development.