The National Lottery Community Fund is distributing the COVID-19 Charities Fund with a grant from the Northern Ireland Department for Communities. The COVID-19 Charities Fund provides access to funding for charities who have exhausted other avenues of support.
The aim of the fund is to ensure that a balanced charitable sector, representative of the diverse interests and needs of Northern Ireland citizens, and of geographic spread, remains in place after the COVID-19 crisis has passed.
This funding programme will support this aim by providing financial support to charities who:
- have lost income due to the impact of COVID-19
- will not be able to cover unavoidable costs until September 30 2020.
- Total available: £15.5 million
- Funding size up to £75,000
Charities applying must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- have been financially stable prior to the impact of COVID-19 and where The National Lottery Community Fund have no concerns regarding fraud or financial mismanagement
- be able to demonstrate that their fundraising or trading income has reduced due to the impact of COVID-19 and they have unavoidable costs to cover up to 30th September 2020
- have unavoidable costs that cannot be covered by existing grants or public funding.
For more information, visit https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/funding/programmes/covid-19-charities-fund