This project aims to support and engender the peace process in Blue Nile state by enhancing climate resilient livelihoods options for women, youth, and other marginalized groups, improving the local governance of natural resources by ensuring the full and equal representation of women and strengthening the local conflict resolution mechanisms that underpin the development prospects of all groups.
- Establish “one-stop centres” that address the comprehensive needs of gender-based violence survivors at the local level, including health care, police and justice sector responses, and on-going social support, provided within the context of a health care institution. This approach is a system of integrated medical, legal, and counseling services which can be physically co-located and/or can consist of a referral network that ensures access to other essential services.
- Support the development of enabling legal and policy frameworks to prevent sexual and gender-based violence, end impunity for perpetrators, ensure access to justice for women and girls and ensure that the law promotes a protective environment for women’s political and economic participation.
- Support transitional justice mechanisms to provide redress for conflict and natural resource-related abuses and violations that women face through transitional processes.
- Provide training to justice sector personnel to ensure timely provision of gender-responsive investigations and prosecutions and ensure that victims are provided with legal support.
- Establish specialized women and children protection desks in police stations staffed by officers who are trained to receive reports from victims/survivors: this will include a focus on recruiting female officers and the development of a communications campaign to encourage and promote safe reporting tools and mechanisms.
- Train police officers to receive and investigate reports from victims/ survivors of gender-based violence.
- The budget range for this proposal should be $50,000 Minimum. – $100,000 Maximum.
- Women’s organizations or entities are highly encouraged to apply.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3CEu9eZ