The joint UNDP / OHCHR project to improve access to justice in the governorates of Médenine and Tataouine is the concrete expression on the ground of the implementation in Tunisia of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular the SDG 16 “Peace, Justice and Effective Institutions”, the result of a reflection between two agencies of the United Nations system. This project is part of the logic of strengthening access to rights for populations, especially the most vulnerable.
This project aims to improve the functioning of judicial and penitentiary institutions in the governorate of Medenine and Tataouine and to inform the populations of their rights and the functioning of these institutions, in order to improve access to justice in these governorates.
The project will also support the improvement of the functioning of the penal chain in these governorates, in particular the collaboration of magistrates with the staff of thepolice and national guard, as well as with prison staff at Harboub prison. The objective is to improve the quality of the services rendered by these institutions to the population.
- The overall objective of this collaboration with civil society organizations in the governorate of Tataouine is to strengthen the population’s knowledge of their rights in order to assert them in court.
- The effects of the project:
- Judicial and prison institutions are better organized and deliver quality services
- The population and in particular vulnerable groups know their rights and claim them in court
- The solutions adopted within the framework of the project contribute to the strengthening of knowledge and to the national justice reform process
The financial support granted by the UNDP within the framework of this collaboration with the CSOs of the governorate of Tataouine is capped at 60,000 TND.
Duration: The expected duration of a project must be between 4 and 5 months.
Projects proposed by civil society associations must have a regional/local focus on the territory of the governorate of Tataouine. The evaluation of the proposals will take into account the logistical capacity of each association to carry out actions at the level of the municipality, rural areas and/or the entire territory of the governorate.
- The applicant must meet the following conditions to be eligible for a grant:
- Be a civil society organization whose head office and activities are based in the governorate in which the project will be implemented (Tataouine);
- Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action and not limit yourself to an intermediary role;
- Be independent of political parties/movements.
- Compliance with the provisions of Law No. 2018-48 on the declaration of assets and interests, the fight against illicit enrichment and conflict of interest;
- Registration in the National Business Register in accordance with the provisions of Law No. 2018-52.
- Eligibility of actions
- The eligibility of actions is determined by the following conditions:
- The duration of an action cannot be greater than the duration of the project;
- The action themes must fall within the framework of the themes of this document presented above;
- The actions must be carried out within the framework of the planned geographical coverage.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=87376