The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is calling for proposals to support five community savings institutions affected by the crisis in the northwest region to benefit from equipment/materials support, and technical backstopping to strengthen their management structure and improve on service delivery.
The government of Cameroon and UNDP collaborated in the formulation of the Presidential Plan for Reconstruction and Development (PPRD) of the Northwest (NW) and South West (SW) Regions. The PPRD feeds into the government’s efforts to resolve the current crisis. It is against this backdrop that UNDP has engaged in recovery activities in both regions.
The purpose of this EOI is for interested local rural producer organization affected by the crisis to provide UNDP with specific information regarding their suitability to received to UNDP support.
- The objective of this plan is to strengthen institutions and processes that facilitate peacebuilding and resilience through the following three pillars:
- Strengthening social cohesion
- Rehabilitation of damaged infrastructure
- Revitalization of the local economy
- The main objective of this intervention is to provide economic support to 06 Rural Producer Organizations in the SW to enable them to fulfil their mandate of improving the livelihoods of members, reducing poverty in rural communities (through employment generation), boosting food production and reanimating the countryside.
- To identify and select 06 beneficiary farmer groups (COOPs / CIGs) basing on established vulnerability criteria.
- To Identify their needs
- To economically empower the beneficiaries in their agricultural specialization.
Six (06) gender-inclusive Rural Producer Organizations (Cooperatives and CIGs) based in the defined municipalities will be the direct beneficiaries of this first phase intervention. Indirect beneficiaries are households and the local commune.
- Administrative criteria
- With a legal status and have been in existence for at least 3 years.
- Must have at least 30 members.
- Must have as principal activity, the agricultural speculation for that municipality
- Technical criteria
- Proof of economic activity over the last 2 years.
- Must be based in the municipality of intervention.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=87262