The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) invites applications/proposals from registered Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) working in Karamoja Region and have experience in management of small grants to Community Based Organizations (CBOs).
- Contribute to reversal of land degradation and deforestation, biodiversity loss, and a reduction of climate change emissions.
- Promote diversification and improvement of livelihoods and livelihood options through techniques like water harvesting, post-harvest management, business skills development,
- Demonstrate innovative approaches through which local enterprises and communities, particularly women, are able to access alternative energy; adapt to climate change; and sustainably use natural resources for productive purposes will be considered.
- Must be legally registered and authorized to operate in Uganda;
- Established with operations in the selected districts of Karamoja Region
- At least 5 years’ experience in delivering similar assignments in similar ecological regions
- Entity has vast experience providing conservation, livelihoods and enterprise development services to rural communities including having provided such services
- Ability of the contracted organization to create capacity support synergies within the sub region is an advantage;
- A team of technical experts and support staff that can be dedicated by the organization to the implementation of the required intervention: the Technical experts (at least 3), one of them will be the team leader and they shall include:
- Team leader: Minimum of Master’s Degree in Natural Resources Management, Agriculture, Forestry, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration and Management, or related field; with at least 5 years of work experience in field livelihoods and enterprise development.
- Gender Officer: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Gender/Development studies, with possession of special skills in delivering continuous professional support to youth, women, men and vulnerable groups; and women empowerment for food security
- Finance officer: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance management, or related field; with at least two years working experience in supporting assignment of similar nature and magnitude.
- Support staff (At least 2); with Community development skills and at least two years working experience in supporting assignment of similar nature and magnitude.
For more information, visit https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=77639
Good for humanity to thrive.