The Dunmore Community Benefit Fund has been launched on behalf of Dunmore Wind Farm by the Community Foundation for Northern Ireland, to ensure that wind farms, whilst having obvious environmental benefits, also provide significant social and economic benefits to the local community.
Funding will be available to local community projects that are planned and run for the benefit of the local population within the designated catchment area. Applicant organizations must be located in this area.
The fund welcomes applications from constituted community and voluntary groups that address the following areas:
- Community cohesion and engagement;
- Energy efficiency and sustainability;
- Social, cultural or sporting benefit for the local community;
- Training and education;
- Environmental benefit;
- Economic benefit.
- Size of Grants Available: £500 – £5,000.
In Addition they will Not Fund
- The advancement of religion. This includes organizations whose purposes include advancement of religion;
- The establishment of endowment of any school or institution providing further education within the meaning of the education and libraries (Northern Ireland) order 1972;
- The provision of assistance to any Housing Association within the meaning of the housing (Northern Ireland) order 1976 – Note: Housing Associations will be eligible for some funds, providing they meet all other eligibility requirements, and if they apply as part of a partnership project, and are not named as the applicant organization;
- Organizations located outside the designated area;
- Holidays or trips outside Northern Ireland;
- Running costs of large organizations;
- Promotion of religion;
- Applications from statutory organizations;
- Activities or initiatives which should be statutory obligations;
- Political parties.
- You are a locally based not-for-profit, voluntary or community group working in Northern Ireland to improve the quality of life for local people;
- You have an active management committee, with no two related cheque signatories;
- You have a governing document, i.e. Constitution in the name of the applicant organization;
- You have a current bank account in the name of your organization;
- You have up to date annual accounts;
- You have complied with the conditions of previous grants including submission of monitoring returns.
For more information, visit https://communityfoundationni.org/grants/dunmore-community-benefit-fund/