Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
The Heart of England Community Foundation is now inviting applications for its Northfield Neighbourhood Network Schemes (NNS) Fund to support local communities and projects, with a focus on supporting people over 50 within the Northfield area of Birmingham.
Neighbourhood Network Schemes are locality and constituency-based networks funded by Birmingham City Council which enable the engagement with and investment in community assets. This is for the purpose of supporting older people to connect with individuals, groups, organisations, activities, services and places in their local neighbourhood.
- Groups will need to be working actively within the wards of Northfield as defined by the Parliamentary Constituency boundaries.
- They expect all applicants to contact the NNS Lead Facilitators in advance of applying to ensure that their project fits with the NNS programme locally.
The fund is looking for applications that seek to provide opportunities which support older people to:
- Remain engaged with social activity
- Live healthy lifestyles
- Increase their financial capability
- Retain their independence in their home, whether it is their own home, rented accommodation or independent sheltered housing
- Aid families and carers to help them feel more supported
- Grants of up £5,000 are available.
- Part of the ethos of the NNS is to create lasting impact.
- With this in mind, applicants applying for over £2,000 will need to evidence how they will sustain this project or the impact associated with this project after the end of the grant.
- This can include plans for onward delivery, further fundraising, the organisation’s own revenue generation and what additional support you will be seeking.
What will they support?
- Applications should be for a project that lasts no longer than 12 months
- New or existing activities/services
- Grants for a wide range of purposes including sessional salary costs, project or activity costs, equipment, consumables or volunteer costs
You can apply to this fund if your organisation is one of the following:
- Registered charities
- Constituted Community groups
- Companies Limited by Guarantee with charitable aims
- Community Interest Companies (not limited by shares)
- CIO with demonstrable social purpose
- Co-operatives – registered Community Benefit Societies and registered Industrial and Provident Societies And
- Your organisation/company income level is equal to or less than £250,000, as shown in your most recent annual accounts
For more information, visit Heart of England Community Foundation.
For more information, visit https://www.heartofenglandcf.co.uk/nns/