The Isla Foundation is currently accepting proposals for the Immediate Impact Grants Program to respond to the needs expressed by local communities. These grants are for small-scale, short-term projects.
Examples of projects include (but are not limited to) improving community spaces, encouraging social cohesion through sport, art, community activities, or promoting education, the environment or health in the local community. Grants can also be used to test an idea through a pilot.
- The Foundation awards grants of between £300 and £2,000 for entrepreneurial individuals, voluntary/community organisations, schools/PTAs, clubs and societies in the UK. They can cover a wide range of projects aimed at creating positive changes in people’s lives and in their communities.
The Foundation funds
- Capital costs (such as building and land improvements);
- Staff costs;
- Running costs;
- Other core costs needed to support the project;
- One time events if they understand their wider play in the project’s aim.
Location – need to work and use the funds in the UK
- Any individual or organisation who requires a grant to address an urgent need or wants to implement a project with a quick impact.
- Individuals with, if possible, a track record of working for their community in one form or another (they will ask for a few references where applicable)
- Community groups (they would prefer if you can work with another organisation, but if you want to send through an application then please note that they will need a three months’ bank statement as well as social media handles)
- Small and medium-sized user-led organisations (with an annual income of at least £75,000)
- Other medium-sized organisations (minimum annual income of £250,000)
- Work led by communities who have /have had direct experience of the issues at hand.
- Projects defined and implemented by the communities they are serving.
- Projects in need of small amounts of additional funding to transform new ideas into successful initiatives.
- Community heroes – if you, or someone you know, has played a pivotal role in a community response to the pandemic, or led efforts to make their community more inclusive, safe or welcoming.
For more information, visit https://islafoundation.com/our-grants/grants-opportunities/immediate-impact-grants/