Deadline: 30 April 2019
Spearheaded by UN Climate Change’s Momentum for Change initiative, the UN Global Climate Action Award shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
Applicants must choose one of the following four focus areas where their activity is making a difference:
- Women for Results: Recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change
- Financing for Climate Friendly Investment: Recognizing successful financial innovations for climate change adaption and mitigation
- Planetary Health: Recognizing novel solutions that balance the need for both human health and a healthy planet
- Climate Neutral Now: Recognizing efforts by individuals, companies and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality.
What benefits do Momentum for Change Lighthouse Activities receive?
Momentum for Change Lighthouse Activities receive the following benefits package:
- Engagement with policy makers
- Recognition by the UNFCCC secretariat;
- Funded attendance to UN Climate Change Conference (apart from winners under the Financing for Climate
- Friendly investment category, which need to be self-funded to attend the Conference);
- Opportunities to present work to policy makers during the UN Climate Change Conference.
- Public relations support
- Concentrated media engagement effort prior to and during the UN Climate Change Conferences, including placement of opinion pieces and earned media;
- On-going digital campaign, including social media, email marketing and promotion on UN Climate Change website.
- Marketing support
- Promotional videos;
- Dedicated webpage on the UN Climate Change website;
- Interactive annual reports;
- Professional photography.
Why should Applicants apply?
If applicant’s project is selected as a winning activity under the Women for Results, Planetary Health, or Climate Neutral Now categories, applicants will receive a wide range of benefits, including:
- Fully covered attendance to the UN Climate Change Conference in Chile;
- Access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference;
- Public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat;
- Public relations support and media training; marketing materials, including promotional videos;
- Dedicated page about applicant’s project on their website;
- Professional photography.
In order to meet the basic eligibility criteria, the activity must:
- Address climate change mitigation or adaptation;
- Be already implemented, or in the course of implementation;
- Be scalable and/or replicable with potential for long-term impact;
- Be innovative and/or demonstrate potential for long-term transformational change;
- Deliver verifiable social and environmental benefits;
- Not be registered or have intentions to register as a clean development mechanism (CDM) or joint implementation (JI) initiative in the next two years.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit https://momentum.unfccc.int/