The Conservation Nation is pleased to announce the 2022 Grants Program for Established Conservationists.
The Conservation Nation Grant Program provides funding to help save endangered animals and their ecosystems by building a stronger, more diverse community of conservation practitioners. They believe there is great conservation progress to be made by broadening the field of committed individuals working to address the global wildlife conservation challenge.
Conservation Nation supports innovative, on-the-ground conservation around the world by practitioners from traditionally marginalized communities. The focus is on helping foster conservation solutions that serve the needs of both nature and people and in terrestrial, marine, or freshwater ecosystems that support a wide range of biodiversity.
They place a strong emphasis on ensuring that grant recipients share their work and knowledge and become mentors for the Emerging Conservationists and Youth Conservationists.
- They will be providing $10,000 grants to Established Conservationists for a period of one to two years.
- The applicant must demonstrate that the funds will be used for or to support conservation activities or research conducted in situ for wildlife conservation.
- The project must be co-created with an in-country partner and a letter of support must be provided with the application to show the intent of co-creation of the project.
- Priority will go to projects that are sustainable and have community involvement.
- Mid-career conservationists. For example, 7+ years experience.
- Special consideration will be given to people from traditionally marginalized communities.
- Home base, and/or place of work is based in the U.S.
- Projects and programs can be domestic or international.
- The project must be connected to an in-country partner.
For more information, visit here.