The Harris County is inviting applications for its Small Business Relief Fund to support micro and small businesses recovering from the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Harris County Small Business Relief Fund will provide grants ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to eligible micro and small businesses.
- Located within Harris County
- Registered business operating in Harris County.
- Must have 30 or fewer employees (including part time, contractors and full-time employees and owners)
- In operation before April 2020
- Experienced negative impact on operations due to the pandemic
- Annual revenue of less than $500,000 dollars in 2019 and 2020
- Be in good standing Texas Comptroller’s office with no outstanding tax obligations or liabilities
- The application process is not first-come, first-served; all completed applications will be reviewed for eligibility and prioritized based on small business impact parameters.
- Grant applicants are only eligible to receive one grant award
- Only one grant may be awarded per business with more than one location
- Limited to one grant per physical address within Harris County
The grant application will require verification of pertinent documentation.
- Personal Identification
- Driver’s license or government-issued photo ID
- Business Information
- Proof of business registration with Harris County or TX Secretary of State
- Q1 2021 941, payroll report to verify number of employees
- Business utility bill (water, gas, electric) Home based businesses may provide a home utility bill.
- Business Financials: 2019 and 2020 business tax return (additional financial documents, such as bank statements or P&L may be requested if losses cannot be verified by the tax returns)
- DD 214 proof of military discharge (veterans only).
For more information, visit https://www.harriscountybusinessrelief.org/