Deadline: 3 July 2016
United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI) is seeking proposals from eligible organizations for a programme entitled “Grant Initiative to Strengthen Cooperation with Civil Society Organizations in Conflict Mitigation”. The main target groups and beneficiaries will be civil society organizations, media, cultural and religious associations, women and youth organizations and local communities.
- Strengthen the capacity of civil society and non-state actors to deliver innovative actions aimed at conflict mitigation in the Maghreb region;
- Strengthen the capacity of media to contribute to a responsible and pluralistic media environment;
- Support innovative projects in the field of conflict mitigation and disseminate lessons learned and best practices
- Promoting democratic citizenship
- Conflict prevention and mitigation
- Communities empowerment
Proposals with budgets ranging from 30,000 USD to maximum 60,000 USD will be considered for award.
In order to be eligible for a Grant, applicants must:
- be a non-profit making organisation or NGO registered under the relevant Laws of the country where it is registered
- have been registered not less than two (2) years
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary
- demonstrate prior experience of at least two years implementing activities in one of the areas mentioned
- have a bank account
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Libya, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Chad and Burkina Faso.
For more information, please visit UNOV/UNICRI Grant Initiative.