Deadline: 9 June 2017
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime is seeking proposals for its Drug Abuse Prevention Centre (DAPC) Grants 2017 in order to provide funding support to not-for-profit organisations working in low- and middle-income countries whose projects are aimed at preventing substance use among the youth.
The objective of this Grants programme is to strengthen the capacity of civil society to prevent drug abuse globally.
- Are focused on prevention of substance use.
- Are targeting youth;
- Support the active participation of youth in their communities and are initiated, planned, managed, implemented, monitored and/or evaluated by youth, and connect youth to the activities of the UNODC Youth Initiative.
Proposals with budgets ranging from USD 10,000 to USD 17,000 will be considered for award.
- Middle Childhood
- Early adolescence
- Adolescence and Adulthood
- Tobacco and alcohol policies
- Brief intervention
- Workplace prevention programs
- Programs utilizing entertainment venues
- Community based multi-component initiatives
- In order to be eligible for a grant, applicants must:
- be a non-profit making organisation (CSOs including NGOs, CBOs) registered under the relevant Laws of the country where it is registered – registration certificate needs to be submitted with the proposal to proof the status of the organization;
- have been registered not less than two (2) years
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, i.e. not acting as an intermediary
- demonstrate prior experience of at least two years implementing activities in the area of substance use prevention, health education, youth empowerment or other related field of work;
- have the needed experience and capability to administer international funding;
- have a bank account capable of receiving international deposit.
- In order to be eligible, organisations who have previously benefitted from a DAPC grant, must submit a written statement explaining the difference between the proposed and the previous project.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the concept note and submit it together with the copy of a registration certificate of the organisation and a copy of an ID of the representative of the organization by email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit DAPC Grants 2017.