Deadline: 30 August 2019
UNRISD is inviting proposals for 2019 Social Policy in Africa Conference for abstracts and papers on the theme of the conference, ” Governance of Africa’s Social Policy: Subverting Development and Democracy?”
The United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) is an autonomous research institute within the UN system that undertakes interdisciplinary research and policy analysis on the social dimensions of contemporary development issues.
Papers and the conference will address a wide range of issues in the sphere of inclusive development in Africa—from the different national and regional modes of governance of the African social policy space, to the drivers of policy preferences and the dynamics of social policy making, to the nature of politics and the public sphere necessary for economic transformation, human flourishing, and new forms of social compact in 21st century Africa.
- Governance of Africa’s social policy;
- Democracy and the governance of Africa’s social policy;
- Social policy making in Africa: Actors, agency, and policy space;
- Poverty and inequality in Africa;
- Redressing health inequalities: Ensuring access to quality health care;
- Pension systems reform and income security in old age;
- Critical perspectives on social protection;
- Non-formal social provisioning: African experiences;
- Land and agrarian reform: Social policy perspectives.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information please visit http://www.unrisd.org/80256B3C005BE6B5/(httpNews)/81C43A0E8A71AB06C12583F6002E36F6?OpenDocument