The U.S. Embassy Bridgetown Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
- Strengthens local institutions to build long-term, self-sustaining relationships and institutional linkages between U.S. and Barbados and Eastern Caribbean organizations, including capacity building support for organizations as needed.
- Contributes to economic growth; improves human capacity by creating a better educated and more skillful workforce; and contributes to the development of government capacity in Barbados and Eastern Caribbean, in particular in areas outside of urban centers and other remote and/or disconnected areas while contributing to local and regional stability.
- Empowers civil societies to strengthen diversity, the rule of law, transparency, and human rights.
- Strengthens people-to-people ties between the United States and Barbados and Eastern Caribbean through shared information, experiences, exchanges, and/or expertise.
- Enhances community engagement through positive messages and tolerant perspectives that enhance and amplify community-based efforts in a wide range of areas.
- Expands media outreach by amplifying U.S. diplomacy activities and programs on social and traditional media platforms.
- Demonstrates shared values, which build respect and trust and increase effective communication.
- Total available funding: $75,000 (subject to funding availability)
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $24,000
- Length of performance period: 1 day to 18 months
- Number of awards anticipated: 8 awards (dependent on amounts)
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from the United States, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St. Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, and St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations with programming experience
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
- Governmental institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=335983