Deadline: 18 October 2019
The UPP Foundation is seeking applications to tackle the biggest issues facing the higher education sector across the UK by providing grants to universities, charities and other higher education bodies.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The UPP Foundation was created in 2016 by University Partnerships Programme (UPP), the UK’s leading provider of on-campus residential and academic accommodation infrastructure.
Key strategic themes
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The UPP Foundation’s grant-making is guided by four main themes:
- Increasing access and retention to higher education they believe that everyone with the potential and ambition to go to, and succeed at, university should have the ability to do so, regardless of background, family income or disability. Yet there continues to be barriers to access for underrepresented groups and retention difficulties for students who face problems such as health issues or financial concerns. The UPP Foundation is looking to support projects that raise aspirations amongst underprivileged young people and/or help vulnerable students continue their studies and, ultimately, succeed at university.
- Improving student employability Employment is vital for economic and social wellbeing, so it is of no surprise that most students who enter higher education do so in the hope of securing fulfilling jobs. Graduates fair better than non-graduates in the employment market but there continues to be concerns that students and young people more widely do not have the skills to succeed in the workplace – and, additionally that there is not equitable access to opportunities like internships. The UPP Foundation is looking to support innovative projects that support students and underprivileged students in particular to improve their employability.
- Enhancing civic universities Universities enrich their cities, towns and regions through community access to lifelong education programmes, music culture and the arts, sporting facilities and public engagement events. This strengthens the place they are part of and helps universities become the civic anchor of their communities. The UPP Foundation is looking to support projects that help foster partnership and collaboration between universities and their local communities.
- Developing global citizens Technological innovation has rapidly increased the interconnected and interdependent nature of their world. To thrive in the 21st Century they need to understand and preserve cultural diversity, as well as embrace their commonly shared values of pluralism, equality and tolerance. Universities are at the forefront of advancing the concept of global citizenship through their international activities such as student exchange schemes and transnational education programmes. The UPP Foundation will support universities to develop successful international strategies in respect of their educational missions and help students from all over the world share and celebrate their different cultures.
Size of grants
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The UPP Foundation will provide grants up to £25k. All applications need to include a budget detailing how the grant income will be spent efficiently. Applications that do not provide a real reflection of costs will be rejected.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The UPP Foundation will:
- Fund innovative organisations that share their values and vision
- Typically fund universities and registered charities in the UK – both those registered with the Charity Commission or The Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (whichever is appropriate)
- Consider applications from non-registered groups with a clear social purpose, social enterprises, community groups and other charitable bodies
- Fund organisations that understand the importance of outcome and impactmeasurement through the capture and recording of accurate data
- The UPP Foundation will not support:
- Applications from individual students or persons (to clarify they will not accept applications directly from an individual but can accept applications from institutional bodies that meet the ‘organisation criteria’ and wish to support individuals within the UPP Foundation’s themes)
- Organisations directly affiliated to any political party
- Single-faith religious organisations. It is understood that many charities have religious affiliations, foundations and history. The restrictions on single faith religious organisations only applies to charities or organisations where the observance to a specific faith is a prerequisite of support from the charity or organisation
- Organisations which are directly funded by the UPP Foundation for an existing project
- Applications must;
- Focus on one or more of The UPP Foundation’s core themes
- Allow financial support from The UPP Foundation to make a unique contribution that adds significant value to the project
- Create long-term and sustainable change measurable by clear outcomes.
- Demonstrate real benefit to the higher education sector, employers and /or individuals
- Evidence a clear timeframe for delivery and evidence of tangible impact.
- Applications must not;
- Risk bringing the name of The UPP Foundation and associated corporate parent UPP Group Holdings Limited into disrepute
- Relate to the purchase of land or existing buildings (including a building’s freehold) or the repayment of loans
- Represent a disproportionate percentage of the overall turnover of the organisation
- Relate to non-specific appeals, endowment funds, conduit organisations or appeals by circular
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://upp-foundation.org/grants/