The Boston Foundation (TBF) has launched an open call for the 2022 Equality Fund Grant Program to support Greater Boston nonprofit organizations that serve and strengthen the LGBTQ+ community; a permanent endowment that will benefit the LGBTQ+ community of Greater Boston in perpetuity, so each of the future generations can thrive.
The Fund is guided by an Advisory Committee made up of members of the LGBTQ+ community and allies who possess a deep understanding about the most pressing issues affecting the community today.
Grants will range approximately from $5,000 to $20,000.
- The “Equality Fund Annual Grantmaking” stream will support:
- Organizations serving primarily LGBTQ+ populations
- LGBTQ+ serving programs or projects, fiscally sponsored by another organization, in which at least 60% of the program’s participants identify as LGBTQ+
- LGBTQ+ serving programs or projects, operating within a larger organization, in which at least 60% of the program’s participants identify as LGBTQ+
- Programs and organizations serving LGBTQ+ communities, and whose composition of boards, staff, and volunteers are representative of the demographics and lived experiences of their constituencies
- This stream will fund organizations and programs that:
- Address the general needs of the LGBTQ+ community. Examples include, but not limited to: Artistic projects; advocacy and community building activities; capacity building (except capital construction costs and related); outreach and educational activities; health and legal services; cultural awareness and racial and social justice campaigns; and health and human services.
For more information, visit https://www.tbf.org/nonprofits/grant-making-initiatives/equality-fund/equality-fund-fy22-applications