The ABC Fund was established to ensure enduring abortion care across the United States by moving money rapidly to build critical and emergent infrastructure to protect and advance reproductive justice nationwide.
The ABC Fund supports organizations that center reproductive justice in their mission, values, and work as they navigate this new rapidly changing landscape – recognizing immediate needs while also funding the infrastructure necessary to ensure nationwide abortion access in the long term.
The Grantmaking Advisory Council considers whether the:
- Project/organization is responsive to the moment – meeting immediate needs or critical gaps in the existing abortion access eco-system and/or builds foundational systems and structures required for the medium and long-term.
- Project/organization serves and is informed by key communities that are made more vulnerable by Roe’s reversal, centering BIPOC, immigrant, LGBTQIA+, low-income, disabled, young, and other communities.
- Leadership of the organization includes BIPOC women, LGBTQIA+ folks, or youth in key leadership positions (ED, senior staff, and board of directors).
- Approach prioritizes community determination and is informed by those with lived experiences.
- Activities contain elements that might preclude traditional/institutional funding.
- Organization is established and trusted within their local or regional movement and/or recommended by a member of the ABC Fund Nominations Network.
- Solves for the Moment: Supporting existing and emerging programs or strategies that respond to evolving challenges, in response to state or local needs.
- Builds Capacity: Meeting newly identified and unmet infrastructure needs within organizations, including those related to building partnerships.
- Engages the Experts: Securing short-term consulting expertise for organizations with needs around legal representation, digital or physical security, organizational reincorporation, or accounting – all critical to provide safe and effective service.
- Supports People Power: Addressing critical and emerging needs in staffing, particularly related to technology, infrastructure, or geographic expansion.
- Amplifies Connections: Enhancing information sharing and creating organizational hubs that better facilitate patient/client care.
- Centers Essential Voices: Prioritizing support for organizations serving communities made even more vulnerable post-Dobbs and centering BIPOC, immigrant, LGBTQIA+, disabled, low-income, youth, and other marginalized communities in both their work and leadership.
- This fund supports two outcomes:
- Building capacity where abortion care will continue, and
- working towards local access and protections in areas where it will not.
- Abortion Bridge Collaborative grant funding is designed to support organizations specifically focused on abortion access that:
- Have 501c3 tax status or a fiscal sponsor
- Center reproductive justice in their mission, values, and work, and;
- Need support for existing and emerging programs or strategies that respond to evolving challenges post-Dobbs, in response to state or local needs that might include:
- Broad general operating support or that have budget shortfalls
- Support for the creation of new staff positions to fulfill an emergent need, particularly related to technology, infrastructure, or geographic expansion
- Short-term consulting expertise such as legal representation, organizational reincorporation, or accounting
- Creation of information sharing or organizational hubs that better facilitate patient/client care
- Capacity building support to meet unmet infrastructure needs within an organization or among organizations as they build partnerships
- ABC Fund grants are not designed, at this time, for:
For more information, visit Abortion Bridge Collaborative Fund.