Deadline: 11 March 2019
USAID/Mozambique has funded the Media Strengthening Program (MSP), implemented by the U.S. based IREX, since June 2012 with the overall objective of supporting a free, open, diverse and self-sustaining Mozambican media sector providing high quality information to all citizens that promote debate, accountability and development.
The US$ 14.9 Million program, expected to last through June 2019, has worked on seven components:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Professional Capacity of Journalists
- Business Operations and Sustainability of Media Outlets
- Journalism Education
- Community Radios
- Advocacy and Alliances
- Gender and Gender Based Violence
- People with Disabilities
- Sub-Purpose 1: Improved Capacity of community radios to respond to rural citizens’ information needs
- Increased Financial Sustainability Output
- Improved journalistic skills Output Enhanced community engagement
- Sub-Purpose 2: Improved Sustainability of Media Sector to Provide Quality Information to Citizens.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The Award Ceiling of this NOFO is $10,000,000.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted.
- This funding opportunity is open to all eligible U.S non-governmental and non-U.S nongovernmental entities and individuals (other than those from foreign policy restricted countries).
- While USAID welcomes all eligible entities and individuals, applicants must be nongovernmental. Pursuant to Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 2 CFR 200.400(g), it is USAID policy not to award profit under assistance instruments such as cooperative agreements. While for-profit firms may participate, pursuant to 2 CFR 700.13(A).(1) Prohibition against profit: no funds will be paid as profit to any for-profit entity receiving or administering Federal financial assistance as a recipient or sub-recipient, and as such, for profit organizations must waive profits and/or fees to be eligible to submit an application.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations. The successful applicant(s) will be subject to a responsibility determination assessment (Pre-award Survey) by the Agreement Officer (AO).
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity. The AO may determine a pre-award survey is required to conduct an examination that will determine whether the prospective recipient has the necessary organization, experience, accounting and operational controls, and technical skills – or ability to obtain them – in order to achieve the objectives of the program and comply with the terms and conditions of the award.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=312837