The United States Agency for International Development through its Mission in India (USAID/India) is seeking Concept Papers for a Cooperative Agreement from qualified organizations to implement the Strengthening Landscape Management and Conservation Activity.
The purpose of the Strengthening Landscape Management and Conservation Activity is to work in concert with the Government of India (GoI) to enhance the management of ecological landscapes for biodiversity conservation, human well being and climate benefits, contributing to reduced greenhouse gas emissions, improved carbon sequestration, and enhanced environmental benefits for the country.
Through this activity, USAID/India and the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) will strengthen management practices in targeted landscapes by:
- improving the management of protected areas and their corridors for wildlife conservation and other ecological benefits;
- improving inclusive livelihoods from ecosystem services and
- strengthening the conditions for institutionalizing landscape conservation.
USAID intends to award one Cooperative Agreement pursuant to this notice of funding opportunity. Subject to funding availability and at the discretion of the Agency, USAID intends to provide $20,000,000 in total USAID funding over a five-year period.
The Strengthening Landscape Management and Conservation Activity will be undertaken in terrestrial ecosystems, most likely located in the Central Indian Landscapes. The geographic state selection can be anywhere in that region and the final geographic selection will be determined during the co-creation, in collaboration with the MoEFCC and USAID. For this Activity, the Central Indian Landscapes include regions in the following states: Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Maharashtra.
- Eligibility for this NOFO is unrestricted, open to all eligible and qualified entities.
- USAID welcomes organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID to submit their applications.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=343023