The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications for a Cooperative Agreement from qualified entities to implement the Community Radios Assistance for Greater Empowerment of Mozambicans – USAID’s CORAGEM.
The purpose of the Cooperative Agreement, will be to strengthen the capacity of community radios to provide high quality information to better inform and empower Mozambican citizens to hold their governments accountable. The program will provide tailored targeted support to at least 30 Community Radios (CRs) and generic assistance to around 120 CRs located in the provinces of Zambézia, Nampula, Niassa and Cabo-Delgado. Although the program will primarily focus on independent community radios, support to state-owned community radios in the geographic area is anticipated.
- Activity Outcome: Mozambican citizens better informed and motivated to improve their lives and participate in governance processes
- Activity Purpose: Community Radios provide high quality, useful and reliable information to Mozambican Citizens
- Objective 1: Improve the community radios journalists’ skills and ethics;
- Objective 2: Increase the Financial Sustainability of Community Radios;
- Objective 3: Enhance the Community Engagement of Community radios
- USAID intends to provide approximately $6,000,000 in total USAID funding
- Timeframe: The anticipated period of performance is five (5) years. The estimated start date will be upon the signature of the award, on or about, or other effective date determined by the Agreement Officer.
- Be organized under the laws of the recipient country;
- Have its principal place of business in the recipient country;
- Be majority owned by individuals who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of the recipient country; and/or;
- Be managed by a governing body, the majority of whom are citizens or lawful permanent residents of a recipient country;
- Not be controlled by a foreign entity or by an individual or individuals who are not citizens or permanent residents of the recipient country.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=328127