Deadline: 30 September 2016
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), an agency of United States Department of Agriculture is seeking applications from organisations for Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Sustainable Bioenergy and Bioproducts (SBEBP) Challenge Area Program with an aim to achieve the long term outcome of reducing the national dependence on foreign oil through the development and production of regionally-appropriate sustainable bioenergy systems that materially deliver advanced liquid transportation biofuels, biopower, and bioproducts.
The purpose of AFRI is to support research, education, and extension work that address key problems of national, regional, and multi-state importance in sustaining all components of food and agriculture, including farm efficiency and profitability, ranching, bioenergy, forestry (both urban and agroforestry), aquaculture, rural communities and entrepreneurship, human nutrition, food safety, physical and social sciences, home economics and rural human ecology, biotechnology, conventional breeding, and including both conventional and organic food production systems.
- Regional Bioenergy Coordinated Agricultural Projects (CAPs) that focus on the production and delivery of regionally-appropriate sustainable biomass feedstocks for bioenergy and bioproducts. While the focus of CAPs will be on feedstocks, competitive proposals must present the feedstock development and production in the context of a comprehensive regional sustainable bioenergy and bioproducts supply chain systems
- Investing in America’s Scientific Corps: Preparing a New Generation of Students, Faculty, and Workforce for Emerging Challenges in Bioenergy, Bioproducts, and the Bioeconomy
Funding Information: The anticipated amount available for grants in FY 2016 is approximately $21 million.
- New application: This is a project application that has not been previously submitted to NIFA.
- Renewal application: This is a project application that requests additional funding for a project beyond the period that was approved in an original or amended award.
- Resubmitted application: This is an application that was submitted previously to NIFA but not funded.
- State Agricultural Experiment Station;
- Colleges and universities (including junior colleges offering associate degrees or higher);
- University research foundations;
- Other research institutions and organizations;
- Federal agencies,
- National laboratories;
- Private organizations or corporations;
- Individuals who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents; and
- Eligible institutions do not include foreign and international organizations.
How to Apply
Interested candidate must submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit AFRI Sustainable Bioenergy and Bioproducts.