Deadline: 30 September 2016
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), an agency of United States Department of Agriculture is seeking applications from organisations for its competitive grant program entitled “The Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI)” with an aim to provide funding for fundamental and applied research, education, and extension work that address key problems of national, regional, and multi-state importance in sustaining all components of food and agriculture, including farm efficiency and profitability, ranching, bio-energy, forestry (both urban and agro-forestry), aquaculture, rural communities and entrepreneurship, human nutrition, food safety, physical and social sciences, home economics and rural human ecology, biotechnology, and conventional breeding, and including both conventional and organic food production systems.
The goal of this program is to invest in agricultural production research, education, and Extension projects for more sustainable, productive and economically viable plant and animal production systems.
- Plant health and production and plant products;
- Animal health and production and animal products;
- Food safety, nutrition, and health;
- Bioenergy, natural resources, and environment;
- Agriculture systems and technology; and
- Agriculture economics and rural communities.
Funding Information: The anticipated amount available for grants in FY 2016 is approximately $130 million.
- New application: This is a project application that has not been previously submitted to NIFA.
- Renewal application: This is a project application that requests additional funding for a project beyond the period that was approved in an original or amended award.
- Resubmitted application: This is an application that was submitted previously to NIFA but not funded.
- State Agricultural Experiment Station;
- Colleges and universities (including junior colleges offering associate degrees or higher);
- University research foundations;
- Other research institutions and organizations;
- Federal agencies,
- National laboratories;
- Private organizations or corporations;
- Individuals who are U.S. citizens, nationals, or permanent residents; and
- Eligible institutions do not include foreign and international organizations.
How to Apply
Interested candidate must submit their applications electronically via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Agriculture and Food Research Initiative.