The viaSport British Columbia is seeking applications for its Local Sport Relief Fund (LSRF) to provide one-time financial relief for non-profit, community level sport organizations, clubs and associations at risk of collapse or insolvency due to the impacts of COVID-19.
The goal of the funding is to support local sport organizations that have been significantly impacted by COVID-19. The Province of B.C. recognizes the importance of community-based sport organizations and has allocated this funding from the Government of Canada to help in their recovery.
The fund is made possible through financial assistance of the Government of Canada, support from the Province of B.C. and administered through viaSport British Columbia.
- Eligible organizations are invited to apply for up to $7,500 to help offset fixed and operating costs.
- Funding must support administration and operational needs for an eventual return to sport, and new sport programming or initiatives are ineligible.
- Applications may be submitted by organizations that are:
- Non-profit local sport organizations
- Non-profit local sport organizations, which exist for the sole purpose of serving underrepresented populations and have well-established sport programming. Underserved populations include Indigenous peoples, girls & women, LGBTQ+, low-income individuals, persons with disabilities, ethnic or religious minorities, and newcomers to Canada or refugees.
- All organizations must be located in British Columbia and focus on sport delivery at the local or community level. Organizations must be not-for-profit and have a B.C. registered society or CRA charity number. For-profit organizations and those with a provincial scope of delivery are not eligible, including viaSport’s funded Provincial Sport, Disability Sport, Multi-Sport and Regional Alliance partners.
- Applicants who have applied to the Local Sport Relief Fund previously (Intake 1), may apply again, only if:
- They were not selected for any funding in the previous intake
- They did not apply for the maximum of $7,500. In this case, they may apply for additional funding but cannot exceed a total request of $7,500 across the two intakes.
For more information, visit https://www.viasport.ca/grant/local-sport-relief-fund