To support the advancement of animal biology research, habitat monitoring and environmental conservation, Wildlife Acoustics is proud to offer a grant program that provides scientists with products and software to help further their research into the study of bats, birds, frogs and other vocal wildlife.
They know times have been tough. They are so grateful to their customers for supporting their business these past few years and they want to give back.
- They’re happy to announce that they’re increasing the value that they are giving away per quarter through their grant program, from $5,000 to $12,000 per quarter.
- They hope this allows us to support more critical bioacoustics research projects around the world.
- Accessories such as microphones and cables are eligible for the program. However, 3rd party accessories such as SD cards, batteries and battery chargers, padlocks and cable locks are not eligible.
- US or Non-US government agencies are not eligible for the program.
- For each application, please include documentation that indicates tax exempt or non-profit status for your country.
- Due to the volume of applications, you may only apply for one project per quarter.
- If you applied and were not awarded a grant in one quarter, you may re-apply in other quarters by resubmitting an application. Please check the website for the most up to date application and requirements as they may have changed.
- Consideration will be given to projects that meet the following criteria:
- Project makes significant use of wildlife vocalization recordings for data collection and/or analysis.
- The work advances scientific knowledge and contributes to long-term conservation.
- The grant would have significant impact on the success of the project.
- The application provides adequate information to facilitate project evaluation, including detailed expected outcomes and the need for bioacoustics data to support those outcomes.
- The project must begin within one year of the award.
- If you are awarded a grant, you’ll be expected to:
- Provide written acceptance of the grant and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Maintain contact with Wildlife Acoustics and provide quarterly project updates.
- When possible, acknowledge the support of Wildlife Acoustics, Inc. in any presentations, meetings, publications and/or materials resulting from the project.
- Submit a final report within two months of project completion, or that phase of the project. Refer to FAQ on reporting guidelines for what is expected in the final report. If you fail to submit reports, you will be ineligible for future grants.
- Should you receive a grant, they’ll contact you to confirm shipping details. They will ship your products as soon as possible after the award decision.
- They will pay for all freight fees, however, you will be responsible for any duties and taxes for international shipments.
- Please note that due to pending NOM certification as required by the Mexican government, all shipments to Mexico are currently limited to their EMT2 and EMT2 PRO units.
- Wildlife Acoustics cannot ship to Cuba, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and Iran, nor to anyone who they know will bring their products to those countries.
For more information, visit Wildlife Acoustics Grant Program.