Wildlife Habitat Canada has launched the Small Grants Program (Year 2) under the Land Trusts Conservation Fund.
The Small Grant program is primarily designed to cover associated costs for land securement projects (e.g., staff time, appraisal, legal fees, etc.), not including funds directly for land acquisition.
All Small Grant applications funding requests is between $5,000 and $30,000.
Applications will be reviewed by Wildlife Habitat Canada in the following areas:
- Project and applicant eligibility;
- Project duration and completion date;
- Match requirement;
- Risk of incompletion.
To be eligible to apply to the Land Trusts Conservation Program (LTCF), applicants must meet all the criteria below:
- Applicants must be a Canadian Land Trust;
- Applicants must be a registered Canadian charity; and,
- Applicants must be in compliance or working towards substantial compliance with the Canadian Land Trust Standards and Practices (2019).
- Applications are reviewed and considered in the order in which they are submitted, on a first come, first served basis; however, applicants are encouraged to take their time and submit accurate, completed applications. If an applicant fails to upload the correct, requested documentation with their Application Form submission, the application may be deemed incomplete and disqualified from funding consideration.
- Eligible projects that meet the requirements of the program will be presented to the Nature Conservancy of Canada for final funding decision.
- All applicants will be notified as to the funding decision for their application. Successful applicants will receive a funding agreement from the Nature Conservancy of Canada for signature.
For more information, visit https://whc.org/ltcf/