Applications are now open for the Windsor Community Foundation Fund Grants Program to help meet the greatest needs in the Windsor/Severance area.
The Windsor Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Weld Community Foundation and was created to serve the people of the greater Windsor community.
- Amount: up to $2,500
- Weld Community Foundation does not fund:
- Expenses already incurred, deficit funding, debt retirement or funding to obligated commitments
- Political campaigns
- Lobbying in the form of calls to action on a specific vote
- Religious activities: including, but not limited to, religious services, promotion of religious beliefs, or activities that are restricted to church or religious group membership.
- Weld Community Foundation does not provide support for:
- Capital fund drives
- Applications from the same organization less than one year apart
- Multi-year funding
- Weld Community Foundation provides charitable funding to:
- Nonprofits classified by the IRS as 501(c)(3) organizations
- Other eligible tax exempt entities (such as municipalities, schools and faith-based organizations)
- Non-exempt groups with a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) organization, public school, or public agency
- Organizations should also predominantly serve residents of Weld County, Colorado.
- must have a project that has measurable outcomes
- must have programs that serve the Windsor/Severance area
- addresses needs that are not met fully by existing organizational or community resources
- demonstrates a well-planned approach to meeting an identified community issue and/or need
- has an established base of support
- has committed, skilled leadership and qualified staff to undertake the project
- The Windsor Community Foundation will, in particular, look for:
- partnership and volunteering opportunities
- goal of program self-sufficiency
- financial stability
- opportunities to leverage funds.
What to submit:
- Submit only one application per grant program, though organizations may submit an application to more than one grant program (even those that share the same deadline).
- All competitive grant program awardees are required to submit a Final Report.
- If your organization has failed to submit one, it will not be eligible for further funding until the missing report is filed.
For more information, visit https://weldcommunityfoundation.org/grant-programs/