The Wonderful Company is focused on the health and well-being of Central Valley communities. That is why they have decided to deploy their annual Wonderful Community Grants program to support Central Valley organizations that have been impacted by the coronavirus. They are excited to launch these COVID-19 relief funds and ensure the San Joaquin Valley continues to be served by your critical organizations.
Funding will be prioritized to programs, services, and resources that:
- were cut during state and federal budget cuts due to COVID-19
- are in direct response to COVID-19 needs
- $1,000–$50,000 grants, awarded until funds are exhausted
- Up to four $100,000 grants, awarded funds to be used over two years.
Nonprofit and school partners to apply for projects with a direct impact in one or more of our target communities, particularly in response to COVID-19. Priority will be given to grants who are seeking funds in response to:
- Programs/services which were cut due to State and Federal Budget cuts as a result of coronavirus
- Needs in direct response to COVID-19 (ex. PPE)
- Only employees, board members and others authorized to apply for funding for the organization are allowed to submit an application. The following is a list of eligible organizations:
- Nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations (including schools).
- Hospitals, clinics and other community-based health programs.
- Local government agencies.
- Religious organizations, provided the project has a secular purpose, no religious content, and benefits the greater community without regard to religious affiliation.
Organizations must demonstrate impact in one or more of the following communities:
- Kern County: Delano, Wasco, Shafter
- Kings County: Avenal
- Fresno County: Sanger, Del Rey, Firebaugh, Mendota.
About The Wonderful Company
Being “Wonderful” goes beyond the consumer promise of growing, harvesting, and distributing wholesome, high-quality fruits, nuts, and other products for customers around the world. It strives to make The Wonderful Company true to its name with a wide range of philanthropic activities that focus on investing in and collaborating with the communities where their employees live and work.
For more information, visit https://www.wonderfulcommunitygrants.com/