Deadline: 25 September 2019
The Woodroffe Benton Foundation is accepting applications from the registered UK charities for its small grants program.
The Foundation provides grants to officially recognised charitable organisations within the United Kingdom only in respect of:
- Relief of persons in need, hardship or distress by reason of disaster or as a consequence of social or economic circumstance.
- Provision/Maintenance of care and accommodation for the sick and elderly.
- Promotion of education – in particular within the Derbyshire region.
- Environmental Conservation/Preservation/Protection/Improvement – in particular where this would encourage the provision of access by members of the general public.
- Human physical well-being – but applicants should note that funding in this area is proactive and the trustees will not make grants in response to unsolicited applications
Applicants to Small Grants programme can receive one-off grants in the range £500 to £2,500.
- Charitable organisations based in the UK that are registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales, the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator or the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland are eligible to apply for a grant.
- Any educational institution is also eligible to apply for a grant whether or not it is a registered charity.
- The Trustees will generally only fund organisations which have at least one full set of Accounts following charity registration.
- The Trustees prefer to support smaller charities since modest donations are capable of providing potentially greater benefit in such cases. Consequently, it is unlikely that organisations with an annual income in excess of £1 million will be provided with a grant under the small grants programme.
- As stated above, the trustees will only support bodies affiliated to a national organisation provided it has a separate charity number and receives no direct financial support. The trustees do not make grants to charities outside the UK.
- Organisations without a Charity Commission registration.
- Organisations that have been operating for less than 24 months and therefore do not have at least one full set of Accounts.
- Organisations that operate primarily outside the UK or for the benefit of non-UK residents.
- Places of worship seeking funds for restoration or upgrade of facilities.
- Museums, historical or heritage organisations.
- Funding of palliative care.
- Animal welfare organisations whose primary purpose is not conservation of the environment except for those that help the survival of wild species in the UK.
- Students requesting a grant for tertiary education or a gap year.
- Educational organisations based outside the Derbyshire region – although the trustees may choose to do so.
- Bodies affiliated to or a local “branch” of a national organisation, unless they have a separate charitable number and receive no financial support from the national charity. Applicants will be asked to make a declaration confirming this when they complete their on-line application form.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: United Kingdom
For more information, please visit https://www.woodroffebenton.org.uk/