Deadline: 15 January 2017
Jiwar’s Xabaca Project is seeking applications from Arab female artists to empower them as a source of social transformation and defense of Human Rights.
This project is hosted by the following organizations: NOVACT (Barcelona), Fundation Al Fanar (Madrid) and Jiwar Creation and Society (Barcelona) and is supported economically by the Catalan Agency for Development Cooperation.
To achieve this aim, the project will be structured into two different areas:
- Artistic development: to enhance art and creativity as means to combat gender discrimination, censorship and social injustice. This will be achieved by an empowerment artistic process of four female Arab artists staying at Jiwar (Barcelona) for 1 month. Jiwar is an organization which offers stays for artists and has its own center.
- Empowering activist aspects: to strengthen the capacities of the four female Arab artists to increase their role in social change. This will be done by participation in workshops and in an international support network which will begin when they start their artistic residency and will continue when they go back to their home countries.
- Artists products must involve gender-issues
- Artists must be linked to socials movements, social change campaigns and artistic networks
- Artists that have been (or will likely be) suffered censorship by institutions
- Artists must be available to participate in all the phases of the project
- Open Call for Arab female artists living and working in Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon and Palestine.
- Open to all the disciplines (visual arts, literature, music, performance, etc.).
- Residency from the 1st of March to the 31st of March 2017.
- 4 full scholarships covering 100% the cost of the residence (travel + accommodation), including 400 euros per diem and artist.
- Artistic material covered.
- Applications can be send in ENGLISH, FRENCH and ARABIC.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon and Palestine.
For more information, please visit Xabaca Call for Proposals.