Deadline: 22 March 2019
ygap South Africa is seeking applications for April 2019 Accelerator Program with an aim to back impact entrepreneurs or as they like to call them ‘local leaders’ who have solutions to local problems in some of the world’s toughest communities.
The ygap Accelerator Program is a powerful opportunity for passionate impact entrepreneurs in South Africa who are at the early stages of building businesses and organisations that exist to change the lives of South Africans.
- ATTEND THE YGAP ACCELERATOR – An intensive five day live-in workshop in Johannesburg where applicants join a small group of ygap entrepreneurs and access world class entrepreneurship training designed to help them focus their business and accelerate the growth of their venture.
- ACCESS THE YGAP SUPPORT NETWORK – Beyond the accelerator applicants receive ongoing training and support from ygap and it connects them to experts and professionals who can help them as they launch and grow their business. Specifically it provides them with 6 months of access to graphic designers, website creators, business coaches, mentors, research assistants, lawyers and accountants (all super helpful for their venture). Applicant’s venture also has the opportunity to continually apply for small grants (up to R10,000) to help them overcome barriers and test ideas to grow the impact or sustainability of their venture.
- ACCESS GROWTH SUPPORT & CONNECTIONS – The best ygap entrepreneurs move into growth, where it provides larger amounts of support to help applicants grow a model that have proven in the startup phase. At this level applicants can access larger rounds of funding, of over $10,000 Australian dollars (typically $25,000), are connected directly to its investor partners and its team work closely with them to strategise specific approaches that will help them dramatically increase their impact and sustainability.
They are looking for South African startups who:
- Have already launched an enterprise that is making a difference in the lives of South Africans (by improving education, health, homes or creating good jobs).
- Want to scale their enterprise to impact many more people.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://ygap.org/southafrica/