Deadline: 31 July 2019
Youthtown is seeking applications for its grant program to give financial support for community based organisations that provide direct or indirect benefit to youth.
Youthtown is one of New Zealand’s oldest and most respected not-for-profit organisations. Each year they support thousands of worthy causes, and the work of Youthtown’s own Youth Services, with the common goal of helping young people raise their aspirations, realise their potential and have their achievements recognised.
What they fund?
Grants that meet Youthtown Inc.’s Authorised Purpose:
- Development and operation of Youthtown programmes and facilities
- Encouragement and development of amateur youth sport and facilities in established and legally constituted sporting organizations
- Financial support for community based organisations that provide direct or indirect benefit to youth
What they do not fund (includes but not limited to)?
- Retrospective expenditure
- Any venture where a Youthtown Inc. venue makes a clear commercial benefit from the grant
- Private, commercial or political purposes
- Projects that have already been funded by another source
- Multi-year grants
- Professional sports or non-affiliated or social sports clubs or teams
- Affiliation fees, memberships or subscriptions
- Prizes – cash or non-cash
- The horse-racing industry
- Not-for-profit groups incorporated as a charitable organisation or an association promoting charitable purposes.
- Incorporated regional and community not-for-profit groups in the areas where the funds were generated.
- Any amateur sports organisation which is an incorporated regional or community not for profit group that is affiliated to a recognised national body.
- They fund incorporated national organisations where the national organisation has clearly demonstrated that regional and community benefits will result from the grant.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.youthtownfunding.org.nz/webpages/before-you-apply/