This Request for Proposals is being issued by San Francisco Department of the Environment (SF Environment) SF Environment is seeking multiple qualified community-based organizations (Proposers) to provide proposals for Zero Waste solutions that advance climate protection and enhance quality of life for all San Franciscans (Proposal).
A specific priority area for zero waste funding includes:
- Preventing food waste, with an emphasis on edible food recovery and distribution to San Franciscans in need.
- Textile recovery and sorting for highest and best use along with job creation of San Franciscans.
The Department will award:
- Approximately $1,040,000 over fiscal years 21/22 through 22/23 (approximately $520,000/year) for projects that support the City’s Zero Waste and Climate goals. Year two funding is contingent on the SF Board of Supervisors’ approval of the City’s annual budget.
- Up to $20,000 to 1 (one) project to provide hands-on outdoor education focused on environmental justice and Zero Waste.
- City and County of San Francisco
- Non-profit 501c3 organizations or government agencies are eligible to apply.
- Current or past grant recipients may apply for continuing grant funding for existing projects or for new projects.
For more information, visit https://sfenvironment.org/download/zero-waste-projects-and-youth-education-program-rfp-2021