Deadline: 1 April 2019
PlanetRomeo Foundation is currently accepting applications for its grant program to provide funding up to € 5,000 to grassroots emerging LGBTI projects and initiatives.
The Foundation support focuses on achieving societal change in order to improve the position of LGBTI people throughout the world, with an emphasis on the most disadvantaged regions and communities.
The Foundation gives high priority to small-scale projects which are initiated and implemented by the LGBTI community itself and/or by emerging LGBTI groups and initiatives. The projects must aim to involve, empower and mobilize the community. Projects may target sub-communities, e.g. lesbian and/or gay and/or bisexual and/or trans and/or intersex communities.
- Community Organizing
- Sports & Culture
- The minimum amount that can be requested is € 500.
- The maximum amount that can be requested is € 5,000.
- Projects which align with PlanetRomeo Foundation’s funding policy.
- The Foundation funds two categories of emerging initiatives:
- Initiatives of (relatively) new informal LGBTI groups or organizations with little or no access to other sources of funding;
- More experienced LGBTI organizations that develop new initiatives for which they have not yet previously received funding and are difficult to fund elsewhere.
- Although all geographical regions are eligible, the Foundation gives priority to countries outside the Global North. Within a country, all geographical areas are eligible, but where they can give priority to rural and/or more remote areas.
- Community Organizing projects focusing on community gatherings, as a starting point of LGBTI community/movement building, community workshops, etc.
- Community Organizing projects that focus on means through which LGBTI community members can share, exchange, find information, receive counseling online, especially in regions and countries where ‘offline’ community gatherings are impossible or dangerous.
- Community Organizing projects and initiatives for and with LGBTI people and their (chosen) families.
- Shelter projects that provide around the clock support (including sleeping facilities) and/or offer shelter and support during the day or specific time slots. Activities taking place in or attached to the shelter, that further support LGBTI people making use of the shelter, can be eligible too.
- Sports & Culture projects which also aim at empowerment, workshops, training, public awareness and/or other activities.
How to Apply
Applicants can obtain funding request form by contacting the Foundation via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.planetromeofoundation.org/apply/