The Call for Entries for the 2021 Canadian Hillman Prize is now open. The Canadian Hillman Prize honours excellence in journalism in service of the common good. The Hillman Prize seeks out investigative reporting that draws attention to social or economic injustice and hopefully leads to corrective measures.
The 2021 Hillman Prize will be given to a reported story or series published or broadcast in 2020.
- The winner(s) of the 2021 Canadian Hillman Prize will be announced in March and will receive a $5,000 prize and a certificate and will be celebrated at a live or virtual event depending on the status of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Eligible entries include reporting in newspapers, magazines and online, as well as television and radio, tablets and multimedia.
- Self-published work is not eligible.
- There is no fee to enter.
- There is no limit to the number of entries one publication or outlet may enter.
For more information, visit http://www.hillmanfoundation.org/canadian-hillman-prize/nominations