Deadline: 30 April 2019
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, through its Commission on Ecosystem Management (CEM) and the Thematic Group Red List of Ecosystems (RLE) has announced the Fourth IUCN Red List of Ecosystems Photo Contest – My Place in Nature.
Photographs may be submitted having a clear relation to the theme My Place in Nature, and two modalities: Individual Photo and Series of Photos. All submitted photographs will be evaluated in a first round by a jury. The photographs that receive the highest scores by the jury will move on to a second round where they will be evaluated by the general public.
Winning photographs will be those that obtain the best, combined scores based on the votes from both the public and the jury. Winners will be announced on IUCN Red List of Ecosystems social media and exhibited at the IUCN World Conservation Congress, to be held in 2020 in Marseille, France.
In order to submit photos, please follow the following instructions:
- Carefully read the Official Rules.
- Applicants should select the photos they want to submit for the modalities of their preference (applicants may submit photos in both modalities).
- Applicants must gather all the required information for each of their photos, including Title, Description, Country, Location and Date.
- Select the photographs having a clear relation to the theme My Place in Nature (File format: JPG or PNG).
- Fill out the Online Photo Submission Form no later than April 30th, 2019.
- Photographs submitted by Minors must be accompanied by signed parental consent from the Authorized
- Representative in order to be considered.
- The contest is open to all photographers and aspiring photographers worldwide.
- Entrants under 18 years of age require a valid written permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Entry is strictly limited to original images to which the photographer holds all applicable rights.
- Images that have been previously published may be submitted.
- Applicants are invited to share their story on ecosystems and show them their very own place in nature.
- Applicants can capture the essence of the one place or event in nature that has left them with a long-lasting impression because of its beauty, power or uniqueness and share their images of any ecosystem, either free from human intervention or altered by it.
- Images that have received an award or recognition in any other photography competitions are not eligible.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For further information, please visit https://iucnrle.org/contest/