Deadline: 22 October 2017
The Digital Africa is inviting applicants for its Challenge Program that is an innovation competition to take up the challenge of digital transition in Africa.
The first edition of the Digital Africa contest, launched in October 2016, received more than 500 entries and rewarded 10 startups winners who convinced the jury by the potential impact of their innovation. Strengthened by this success, AFD and Bpifrance confirm their commitment and renew the experience with the objective of accompanying in the long term the emergence of mature and solid digital ecosystems, bringing new economic opportunities.
- Territories: Not all territories are equal in access to new technologies. Innovation may be a factor of inclusion and reduce digital divides, distances between business centers and landlocked areas.
- Citizenships: Modernization of public action, democratic transition, new media: digital technology allows the expression of new citizenship and a diversity of opinions.
- Knowledge and Creativity: From access to tools, to their mastery through capacity building, and their mobilization to serve new forms of creative expressions, digital revolutionizes learning patterns and professional practices.
- Environment and Climate: Want to offer innovative digital technology for the agricultural sector? At the crossroads of meteorology, resource optimization, food security, mapping or geolocation. Do you think you can provide relevant technological answers to the challenges of agriculture today and tomorrow?
- All the startup winners of this second edition of the Digital Africa challenge will benefit from a high visibility and access an international network of partners, clients and investors. They will be part of a community that gathers the best talents of digital innovation in Africa and for Africa, in order to share experiences and good practices.
- The 5 African winning startups will be accompanied by the AFD through an “acceleration pack”, a customizable, technical and financial support up to a 30.000 Euros value.
- The 5 French winning startups will be accompanied by Bpifrance up to a 10.000 Euros value support pack to strengthen their expertise and develop new opportunities on the African continent: Bpifrance Université training, networking and discovery trip to Abidjan and Cape Town with the French entrepreneurs community in the French Tech Hubs.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Digital Africa.