Deadline: 9 September 2016
The Aswatona Fund for Media Development together with the European Commission invites applications from media and civil society organisations, to enhance a more independent media sector in the Maghreb and Mashreq through the development of community radio. This includes existing community radio projects, whether these are FM radios, internet radios or production groups, together with other civil society organisations with an interest in community media development. Our goal is to foster media pluralism, public voice and civil society participation in the media and to strengthen the voices of women, youth, remote and rural communities, and marginalised groups.
- Exchange of experience and good practice: Grants in the range 1,000 EURO to 3,000 EURO to support exchanges between two or more countries involving media, civil society and/or educational organisations.
- Audience development and sustainability: Grants in the range 2,000 EURO to 10,000 EURO for activities that contribute to improvements in media coverage, audience awareness, media sustainability, media literacy and audience engagement, including listener clubs and public accountability measures.
- Social action and cultural content production: Grants in the range 2,000 EURO to 10,000 EURO for activities that consist of media productions of social action or cultural value, including transnational productions, leading to broadcast campaigns including on gender and equal opportunities, rights of minorities and indigenous people, right of disabled people, environment, youth, elections and democracy.
- Promotion of media policy dialogue: Grants in the range 2,000 EURO to 10,000 EURO for country level and regional activities that bring together policy makers, regulators, public officials and civil society organisations to promote media policy dialogue and better enabling environments for community media.
- Network development and solidarity: Grants in the range 5,000 EURO to 15,000 EURO for thematic regional or sub-regional events on community media development to promote co-operation, exchange, solidarity and dialogue.
- The Fund is not open to individual applications.
- Organisations to be eligible must be legally registered entities, not run for profit, not affiliated with any political or religious organisation, and primarily working in one or more of the below mentioned countries.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Aswatona Fund for Media Development.