Balkan Investigative Reporting Network, BIRN, is organising a training in fundraising for media representatives from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia within the regional “Media for All” project. The two-day training should help financial managers, project managers/coordinators and other media professionals in charge of media development to gain practical insights about fundraising processes.
Raising money to build and scale-up media organisations in today’s world is particularly challenging. They need to maintain their independence while securing financial sustainability. Finding new approaches to media viability, diversifying revenue streams and investing in quality journalism in the digital age is especially difficult.
Therefore, this training will provide concrete assistance to media organisations/CSOs on how to communicate the purpose of concrete fundraising projects and campaigns with relevant stakeholders, how to approach donors and maintain cooperation with the community. It should also demonstrate that grants and donations from different donor organisations and individuals are one of many available sources of funding.
Details of Training
- Date of Training: February 10-11, 2021;
- Training Venue: Online;
- Language: Working language of the training is English.
- Media outlets representatives (financial managers, project coordinators, employees at senior positions in charge of the development of the organisation/media outlet) with or without previous knowledge of fundraising, who wish to develop skills in this sphere and contribute to the financial growth and stability of their respective media organisations.
- All potential participants should apply using the information provided in the application form. Due to the limited number of places, priority will be given to smaller media outlets with less experience in the described field.
- Only one individual per media outlet may apply. There will be a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 20 participants.
How To Apply
- Applicants should complete and submit only one application attached to this CfA.
- All applications should be submitted in English along with the applicant’s CV.
For more information, visit https://birn.eu.com/news-and-events/call-for-applications-for-training-in-fundraising/