Deadline: 14 December 2018
Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP) is seeking applications for its 13th Annual Photos and Videos Contest 2018 which is looking for striking photographs and short videos that tell the story of how financial services empower poor people and communities in Africa.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Africa is a center for financial innovation, home to M-Pesa, the mobile money service launched a decade ago that has revolutionized digital financial services and helped lift many thousands of households from poverty. Africa also is the continent with the largest number of people living in extreme poverty, and many lack the financial tools that could help improve their lives.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
US $2,000 gift certificate each for photography or video equipment and accessories. (No cash, check, or money transfer will be issued.)
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
US $1,000 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories:
- REACHING EXCLUDED PEOPLE: Mobile phones open up markets and access to services for people who are isolated or live in remote communities. Show us how digital finance creates new opportunities for excluded Africans.
- BRIGHTER PROSPECTS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE: There are 600 million young people in Africa under the age of 25, and 72 percent of them are unemployed. Show how financial services can spur entrepreneurship among Africa’s youth.
- DIGITAL FINANCE AND DEVELOPMENT: Innovative technologies and finance together offer new solutions for addressing chronic problems such as access to water, energy and health care. Show ways that financial services are helping advance the Sustainable Development Goals in Africa.
Judges’ Honorable Mention: Judges may select up to 8 winners to receive US$250 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
People’s Choice Winner: US$100 gift certificate for photography equipment and accessories.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- The 2018 CGAP Photo Contest is open to all photographers and videographers who are at least 18 years old. (The operational team of CGAP, the World Bank Group, and their immediate families are excluded from participating.)
- They are looking for original, striking images and video stories portraying the impact of microfinance and financial inclusion for poor people in Africa. These images and stories may reflect a range of products and services, people and institutions, and may touch on social, economic, developmental, and technological issues. They are seeking entries in both rural and urban settings and people from all walks of life.
- CGAP requests that the photographer follows the widely recognized standards and ethical guidance for development photography and obtains informed consent whenever reasonably possible from any subjects photographed. Entries must:
- Be the original work of the entrant and shot in the last two years
- Treat all subjects with respect and dignity.
- Respect the rights, sensitivities, and culture of communities and/or persons depicted, including the subject’s right to consent to being photographed.
- Fairly represent the situation, subject’s identity and physical location of the image, without alteration (other than standard photographic techniques for optimization, including removal of dust, cropping, adjustments to color and contrast, etc.)
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit CGAP.