Deadline: 3 January 2017
Entries are open for the 2017 Masdar Engage Global Social Media Competition.
This year’s Engage competition is about how participants want to see changes in the world and their local communities by 2026; and Masdar wants to hear citizens’ perspectives on how society can embark on a path towards a low-carbon economy. And this year, Masdar is welcoming suggestions in the format of participants’ choosing.
Potential solutions could include ideas of sustainable development, investments in clean technologies such as renewables, or policy initiatives that participants believe must be emphasized in order to move towards a more low-carbon society; contributors are also encouraged to share how they think such changes could create impact within their local communities by 2026. Contributors may submit one of the following:
- a video explaining your point of view, no longer than 3 minutes; please include a 100-word summary- (post on YouTube and provide the URL to Masdar) – OR –
- a multi-media presentation, which can include video clips, photos, charts, animation, or other features that get your views across; please include a 100-word summary- (post on your preferred platform and provide the URL to Masdar) – OR –
- a 500- to 700-word written blog that articulates your ideas (cross-post on your blog and send the URL to Masdar, or send in MS Word to )
- One winner will be selected for a paid trip to Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week during mid-January 2017, will be honored as Masdar’s VIP Social Media Influencer throughout Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week, and will post regular updates during the event.
- The winner may also be asked to participate in an event during Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week.
- The winner must be able to arrive in Abu Dhabi in time for the opening ceremony on Monday, 16 January 2017, and must be able to stay in Abu Dhabi through 19 or 20 January 2017.
The 2017 Engage Global Social Media Competition is open to all citizens across the globe 18 years of age or older.
- Create your submission, post it, and post a link (as in a YouTube or blog URL) within the comments section of the 2017 Masdar Engage Contest page (if applicant’s are unsure of where to post, or in the case of written submissions they do not have a blog, they may send submissions at the address given on the website).
- They encourage applicants to share their contributions on all social media channels, using the hashtag #WorldIn2026. It is also recommended to share their social media posts related to their submitted content on Masdar’s Thunderclap platform.
IMPORTANT: Leave a comment on the 2017 Masdar Engage Contest page with a link to applicant post AND do not forget to mention the 2017 Masdar Engage Blogging Contest within the submission and the platforms on which they are sharing their content.
- Qualifying content will be posted on the Masdar web site. Limit one (1) entry per person.
For more information, please visit 2017 Engage Global Social Media Competition.